Sunday, August 10, 2014

Missing my Brother

Today is Rakhsha Bandhan and all sisters tie a knot to their brothers, where they make a promise to their sisters to protect them from all harms and troubles and the sisters pray to God to protect their brother from all evil. I am missing my brother a lot, cos he was a real protector in all means for me. I loved him and I wish wherever he is right now he must be happy and peaceful.

He was so small and cute when we got him home. He could fit into my hands and his mouth would smell of milk. The softest cute little thing I have ever taken in my hands. But then he grew up and became strong and like a superman. Very playful and very naughty but very aggressive sometimes. He use to tear up my notes and turn it into bits and pieces as all little brothers would do.

The moment we moved in our new house where dad has to stay out of station we were protected by him and we actually got the guts to move in alone and be the 2nd person in the building. He use to be very active and aggressive. The most important thing was he can not see me in pain. He use to cry when I was sad, he didnt eat food when I was gone. He bonded all of us together cos he was the happiest when all 3 of us were with him. The most amazing thing about him was he use to hate to wear anything on the wrist. Not more than 10 to 15 mins it was thrown but on this day he wore the rakhi for the whole day. He was my black labrador.

One incidence I remember is that he pounced on my friend the moment I said Ahh cos he touched my feet after I got in an accident, showing all his teeth standing in front of his face and barking as if he would soon take action for this. Wow! I felt so good and protected. He was my brother in real sense.

Unfortunately, he got sick and his liver failed due to steroids he was given to protect but it became the cause of his misery. Doctors gave up on him and told us that prepare yourself and stay with him for few days that are left for him. The last day when he was in my arms, I could feel his pain and misery and was hoping that it would end soon. Then the doctor suggested to let him go peacefully and we gave him one last hug and was holding his paws and let him go. He was not in our life but was relieved from the misery he was suffering I saw a black lab today in the morning and was welling up with emotions so could not help but express my feelings here.

I miss you Raja, we all do and we hope and pray you remain happy wherever you are. Love you.

No comments: