Sunday, September 8, 2019

Sadhu - The warrior

Mixed feelings is what I can say I feel right now. Happy and hopeful that there are few people who are ready to help Sadhu in his surgery and recovery and sad that I could not find him earlier or someone did not see him earlier or may be seen him and said what can we do. Not blaming anyone but I think the animals deserve this earth and space more than humans do. All we have done to the animals and earth is harm and destroy. But still I want to feel hopeful and have faith since, "This too shall pass".

Scared and anxious - that's what I saw in his eyes, scared that I might hurt him since every other human did this to him and anxious since he could not trust us what pain he has to go through again. When people say that I am very sensitive then may be I am and proud about it but I wish I had the power to make anyone who says that, feel the pain this poor soul is feeling right now and has been since the day he met with an accident. I felt it, the moment I saw him and he looked at me.

The first day was exhausting emotionally for me and my friend Meenakshi since we got him on the table and he was given pain relief injections and then he ate. Next day when I had to pick him up for x-ray he was running away but I had to feed him so he stays at that place till I waited for Meenakshi to come with the car. One lady came to me shouting something in the local language and I was so disturbed that I told her that I cant hear you. She thought I am deaf and left from there but she was clearly asking me to not feed the dog. How insensitive some humans really are? This amazes me a lot when I cant understand those people world and their inhuman behavior and that I feel disgusted that I am one of their kind. Yet again I feel happy and hopeful when only a handful come forward to help somehow.

Only today, after 3 days he has started wagging his little tail while looking at me and sleeping in my lap while I was trying to make him comfortable in lying down. Although he cried and shouted but I guess he knows now that help has come and now he is in good hands. I want to thank all who have helped, Meenakshi, Seemee, Avijit, Abhijit, Mona, Monaz, and lot many who have contributed (please forgive me if I have forgotten any other name). Will make a list of name who contributed and display in the blog later. today he leaves for the care he needs till the surgery and after the surgery too.

Request everyone and anyone who sees an accident of an animal please click a picture of the vehicle and the animal and try to search for the nearest vet on google call them and ask them about the nearby shelter or any shelter they know who can help. Don't try to chase the dog, save the location and send it all to the shelter you come across or any volunteer that you know. Tell the people nearby that you are sending help for the animal and that they should help the animal by at least letting him/her sit in a corner somewhere and not beating or shooing them away. I know that it all will be a little mentally exhausting and time consuming, but it might help the poor animal out, cos people come forward to help humans but not animals. Follow up with the person you reported the case to, it will be helpful too.

Speciesism is what we face all the time from different people, we do not want it to increase more and understand that we need to co-exist and not have a superiority complex. Speciesism' is the idea that being human is a good enough reason for human animals to have greater moral rights than non-human animals. ...a prejudice or bias in favor of the interests of members of one's own species and against those of members of other species.


No comments: